Happy New Year!!!
I woke up bright and early to see the first sunrise of the year rising up above one of the many mountains we have in Ehime. This sunrise is called Hatsuhinode
in Japan and many of us rise early (or just not sleep at all on new years eve) to see the first light of the year. It was pretty fantastic.
How was your new years holiday?
I’ll be in Ehime with my family until the end of the week. It’s always good to be home during the holidays. We are all overdosing on mikan
, both store bought and picked from the mikan
trees in our yard. We have a lot to be thankful for and I’m hoping this year will be another good year for us.
I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday where ever you may be! x
– Where do you go for hatsumode (first shrine visit)?
– Audrey Hepburn’s 1957 TV film Mayerling will be in theaters starting Jan 4th.
– The power of empathy. (via Swissmiss)
– Can’t wait to ice skate here this winter!
– This bench.
– Henry and his nanny’s poses are hilarious! #henrysconcepts
– Did you send out your nengajo? Here is mine.